Why should I do this?
- Communicating clear, explicit, and flexible policies to students early on can help
How can I do this?
- Allow students to drop their lowest homework, quiz, or exam grade.
- Allow students to replace their lowest exam grade with their grade on the final.
- Allow students an opportunity to retake quizzes and to retain the highest of the two scores (without showing students which questions they answered correctly); review answers in class.
- Give students opportunities to make up or redo work and communicate this option ahead of time.