Welcome to the new weekly Trefny Center Strategies and Resources announcement. Each week we will be sending out “just in time” strategies you may want to try out in your remote courses during that week. After reviewing these strategies, please feel free to reach out to us with questions or to talk through additional ideas.
Strategies to Implement This Week
- Provide a clear starting point for your students so they know how to navigate your course.
Recommendation: Use a course homepage and provide your contact information so it’s the first thing students see when navigating to your course.
- Determine a logical way to organize your course materials and assignments.
Recommendation: Update your course syllabus with important information about your course, interactions in the remote environment, assignments, due dates, etc. Use the syllabus template as a starting point and then add it to the Syllabus tab in Canvas.
- Develop a communication plan for providing important information to your students throughout the term.
- Determine how your assessments will be designed for the remote environment.
- Set up your gradebook in Canvas so students can track their progress.
Recommendation: Review the Speedgrader and Gradebook in Canvas quick start guide for directions on how to set up your gradebook.
- Check your content to ensure it meets minimum accessibility requirements for students with disabilities.
The Trefny Center Team