Mines-UNC Noyce Scholarship
- The TEAM-UP Noyce Scholarship Program is intended support Mines students and alums planning to pursue a teaching career in science or mathematics. Ideal candidates should demonstrate academic success in STEM combined with a strong desire to pursue a teaching career in science or mathematics. The value of the scholarship is $10,000 per semester, and students are eligible for the scholarship during their junior year, senior year, and while finishing their teaching license as a UNC postbac. The scholarship is very competitive and selective. Scholarship recipients are required to complete two years of teaching in a high-needs school district for every year of scholarship received. It is important that the students who receive the scholarship are committed to fulfill this requirement, otherwise the scholarship reverts to a loan.
- For more information and to apply, click here. Priority deadline is 11/18/2016. If you have questions, please email Kristine Callan at email@example.com.
Mines-UNC Noyce Internship
- The TEAM-UP Noyce Internship Program seeks to encourage passionate Mines students to explore secondary (grades 7 – 12) science and mathematics teaching by providing competitive, paid internships. A goal of the Noyce Program is to recruit individuals with strong STEM backgrounds who might otherwise not have considered a career in secondary teaching. The internship program is intended for students who are considering pursuing a teaching career in science or mathematics, but would like some experience before committing. Noyce Interns will be paid up to $900 for up to 80 hours of work ($11.25/hour).
- Please apply through DiggerNet to the "Teaching internship with TEAM-UP". Priority deadline is 11/28/2016. Please email any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Universal Scholarship Application
The universal scholarship application uses one common application to generate a list of availiable scholarips for students, who can then apply for them with a click of a button! Here are some of the many availiable scholarships through this application for Science Education majors:
Edith M. Selberg Scholarship
- The Edith M. Selberg Scholarship is awarded to science education majors. To qualify for this opportunity the applicant must be a full-time student; majoring in science education; show outstanding academic achievement; and demonstrate ability in the field, and future promise. This scholarship is renewable. To apply, please fill out the Universal Scholarship Application.
MacCracken Memorial Award
- The MacCracken Memorial Award is awarded to graduate students that have an interest in elementary and middle school science and science teacher education. Preference to student with Elementary/Middle school teaching experience. This scholarship is renewable. To apply, please fill out the Universal Scholarship Application.
Robert Sund Memorial Award
- The Robert Sund Memorial Award is awarded to a qualifying graduate student with the intent to become a certified science teacher or furthering career in science education; the applicant must demonstrate promise and financial need. This scholarship is renewable. To apply, please fill out the Universal Scholarship Application.
TEAM-UP is proud to be a
NSF Noyce Capacity Building Program, NSF Noyce Phase I Project Site, PhysTEC Comprehensive Site, and 100Kin10 Partner