· careful review of the materials gathered through the RFI to better understand the features and supports offered;
· comparing the features available with those most highly rated by faculty, staff and students (noted in the survey data);
· gathering information from the three vendors during the showcase, including focused questions asked during presentations and in-depth discussion between CCIT staff and each vendors’ technical experts;
· consideration of hosting issues (it is cloud-based so reduces some hardware and support needs, e.g., maintaining redundant servers);
· consideration of internal limitations, challenges, and support necessary to transition to a new LMS;
· developing several pilot courses and modules in each of the LMSs, and
· discussions with other higher education institutions using varying LMS systems. The following Colorado Institutions are using Canvas as their LMS: UC Denver, CSU Fort Collins, DU, Colorado Mountain College, Fort Lewis and Colorado College.